Spring is the season of renewal, so let's renew our love affair with wine. Now that the weather is warming up, it’s finally time to break out the Rosé. Let’s celebrate the beginning of spring with a bottle of Sh!tshow Rosé and a light spring salad that will pair perfectly with it. The salad includes goat cheese and strawberries which play off the Rosés tasting notes perfectly. Check out the recipe pairing below.
- 5 cups mixed baby lettuce/baby greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 fresh kiwis sliced
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Wash and dry the lettuce; remove the stems of the strawberries and slice vertically; cut the goat cheese into 8 even pieces. Peel and cut kiwis.
2. In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinegar and olive oil together with a whisk.
3. Mash half the strawberries together with a potato masher or fork, and add them to the bowl. The mixture will be chunky. Set the dressing mixture aside.
4. Place the lettuce into a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix to coat.
6. Divide the lettuce onto four plates. Slice the remaining strawberries and kiwi and add them to each plate of salad. Top with 2 of the goat cheese slices on each plate.
7. Add ground black pepper to taste.