Late Harvest Frontenac Gris Desert Pairing
Looking for a wine and a desert to bring to an upcoming holiday party this fall? Whether it’s a work party or a family and friends party our Late Harvest Frontenac Gris is a perfect option and is perfectly paired with deserts. It specifically pairs well with a delicious fruit tart. Never made a fruit tart before? Don’t worry, we have you covered. We found the perfect recipe online for you to follow. The fruit toppings can be unique to you, so feel free to top the fruit tart with and of your personal favorite fruits.
1. Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and almond extract and stir until dough forms. Press mixture into a 10" tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing dough all the way up the sides and until dough is smooth.
2. Prick all over with a fork and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
3. Make filling: In a medium bowl using a hand mixer beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat mascarpone and cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract and beat until no lumps remain. Fold in whipped cream.
4. Spread filling over cooled crust and arrange fresh fruit on top.
5. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat together preserves and 2 teaspoons water until warmed, 30 seconds. Brush over tart and refrigerate until well chilled, 2 hours.
Leave a comment