To complement our fan favorite Fireside wine, let's create a cheese and charcuterie board. It’s a perfect pairing for the wine and a perfect snack for the summer.
The creamy and tangy cheeses, along with the savory cured meats, create a delightful contrast. The fresh and dried fruits add a touch of sweetness and acidity, while the crackers and bread provide a neutral base to enjoy everything on.
The combination of flavors on the board allows the wine to shine. Remember you can always adjust the selection of cheeses, meats, and accompaniments based on your personal preferences.
Here's how to assemble your cheese and charcuterie board:
- Assorted cheeses: Consider including a creamy brie, a tangy blue cheese, a nutty Gouda, and a mild cheddar.
- Assorted cured meats: Try a variety of sliced salami, prosciutto, and smoked ham.
- Crackers and bread: Select an assortment of crispy crackers and crusty bread slices.
- Fresh and dried fruits: Choose a mix of fresh grapes, sliced apples or pears, and dried apricots or figs.
- Nuts: Include a selection of toasted almonds, walnuts, or pecans for added crunch.
- Olives and pickles: Add olives, artichokes, or pickled vegetables for a savory touch.
- Honey or fruit preserves: Provide a jar of honey or fruit preserves like fig or apricot for sweet and savory pairings.
- Start by arranging the cheeses on a large platter or wooden board. Space them out for easy access.
- Next, layer slices of cured meats in between the cheese sections. Try creating a pattern with the meats.
- Add small bowls to hold olives, pickled vegetables, or condiments like honey or fruit preserves.
- Fill any empty spaces on the board with crackers, bread slices, and a variety of fresh or dried fruits.
- Scatter toasted nuts around the board to provide additional texture and flavor.
- Serve the cheese and charcuterie board alongside glasses of our Fireside wine.
- Encourage guests to explore different combinations by pairing different cheeses, meats, fruits, and condiments with sips of the wines.