Club Grovedale August Recipe Collection
For our August release we have chose a recipe to pair with a wine selection from each club. We paired the 2020 Petite Sirah/ Malbec/ Sangiovese for our Double Barrel members and the Blackberry Sangria for our Wild Bunch members.
Our Petite Sirah blend pairs well with barbecue meats but if you anything like us you have your grill recipes down to a science so we decided to recommend a fall recipe instead. As the leaves start to turn and the nights get chillier we have the perfect recipe to pair with our 2019 Petite Sirah/Malbec/Sangiovese.
Serves 4 people
- In a small bowl combine all lamb marinade ingredients
- Pour the marinade mixture over the lamb chops, cover and marinate for at-least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toss vegetables, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in large bowl. On a tray spread vegetables in even layer and roast for 40-45 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Before serving remove garlic peels.
- In a small pan combine glaze ingredients. Cook over low heat until it has reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Serve over vegetables or as dipping sauce
- Heat the grill to 500F and grill chops for 4-6 minutes per side, for medium rare
- Let lamb rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Not a meat eater? Make this meal vegan by substituting grilled portobello mushrooms for the lamb.
Blackberry Sangria with Stuffed Jalapeños
What is better on a hot day than a glass of sangria? Pairing a glass of our sweet Blackberry Sangria with spicy jalapeños. Our favorite way to serve it is over frozen fruit rather than ice cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and deseed them
- Mix together the onion, cream cheese, cilantro, cumin, and salt to form filling
- Pack the filling into each pepper half and place strip of cheese on each one
- Place onto foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly and the peppers are cooked
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
While this meal is vegetarian our wine is vegan so why not make the whole meal vegan using some non-dairy substitutes using this stuffed jalapeño recipe.
Leave a comment